The only limit when it comes to salads. Salad as a starter. Salad on the side. Salad as a main course. Summer Salads. Winter salads. Fall Salads. Spring Salads. Even an endive.
I love salads, but have mainly used salads as a quick snack. A healthy snack. And I must admit that I have not been so good to let imagination free rein. It has usually resulted in a plain green salad , sometimes supplemented with a little tuna, cheese or fried chicken.
It gets a little boring in the end, so I decided to look for inspiration online. There I came across a super good website with lots of suggestions for interesting salads. The website states in.dk and a salad lover is so much worth a visit – especially the classic Broccoli Salad piqued my curiosity.
Stay healthy with a delicious broccoli salad
Here is the recipe for broccoli salad;
For 2 people
- 1 broccoli into florets
- Turkey, -or plain bacon, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 handful of pine nuts (salted peanuts I used successfully instead)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to do it;
- Stir all the dressing ingredients together and season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Turn broccoli, raisins and red onion dressing and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. In fact, the salad better the longer it is refrigerated. Within reasonable limits, of course.
- Toast the pine nuts (and peanuts) in a hot pan. Remove the seeds of the pan and put bacon on. Roast the bacon until it is crisp, remove from pan and place it to drain on a paper towel.
- When broccoli salad served sprinkled seeds and bacon above.
Consider the salad as a healthy and delicious addition to a busy schedule. Who says that delicious snacks partout to be unhealthy?
Picture: with wind